Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dear Friend

Dear Friend,

     From what I know, this will not be a good ending for Romeo and Juliet. After seeing how their families responded to seeing each other, you can tell that the there is some bad blood between them. They seem to be very volatile, drawing their weapons at the sight of each other.  They also seem to have personalities that seem rather disturbing. Sampson for one is very short tempered. If this wasn’t bad enough, he is a complete pervert, making sexual innuendos for a good chunk of his dialogue.
     I’m not having much trouble reading Shakespearean language because I have read another of his amazing plays. When I read Macbeth for the first time, I was fairly confused.  But after reading over and over again, I learned what it meant. If your having trouble I would recommend reading the passage over and over again.  You can also use a Shakespearean dictionary to understand something if you need more help.
     After seeing the reactions of the Capulets and the Montagues from just seeing each other, I can tell that Romeo and Juliet are going to have to overcome many obstacles. From the first scene you can tell that Romeo is deeply in love with this girl and that he wishes that he could have her. But there something that stops Romeo causing his depression because all he wants is this girl and he can’t have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment