Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Song About Social Action

     I saw the music video for World on Fire by Sarah McLachlan. I enjoyed the music video and found it very engaging. What I found engaging were the facts that showed up on the video. The facts for the video were astonishing. I couldn’t believe that the money that we use for music videos could make a major difference in other places in the world.
     The message about the video was well supported by the facts. I thought that the message of video and the song was that we are overspending and not realizing that there are people that could benefit from the money. The cost of the music video was fifteen dollars, and other videos are much more expensive than this one. The costs for some things like makeup for a music video could have helped people in other parts of the world live a better life. The facts were in the video to show us that we should be grateful for what we have, because other people aren’t as fortunate as we are.
     The video made me think about the people in the other parts of the world. The facts that were in the video were surprising to me. We waste money on many things while that money could make a major difference to someone’s life. We should learn to be grateful for what we have, and not to be wasteful.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment