Saturday, November 19, 2011

Two Voice Poem

Italics:Boy 1
Regular: Boy 2

Fever
I have a slight fever
My fever is terrible

Sore Throat
It hurts to talk, my throat is sore
It hurts to breath, my throat burns in pain

Fatigue
I feel weak, but I can still walk
I can barely move, I am glued to my bed

Cough
I am coughing a lot
My cough is agonizing and painful

Pain
I feel a little bit of pain
The pain is unbearable and it keeps getting worse

Life
I can get well
My time is limited

Sickness
The flu
Ebola

     This two voice poem compares two illnesses, Influenza, or the flu, and Ebola. Both illnesses have similar symptoms but the symptoms of Ebola are more drastic. The italicized writing is the person with the flu and the other writing is the person with Ebola. The poem compares the symptoms of the flu and Ebola. Because of the similarities between the symptoms, the poem shows the difference in effect, such as the symptoms of Ebola being more drastic.
     I wrote about this topic to show the similarities between the two illnesses. These two illnesses have similar symptoms. Even though they have similarities, they also have many differences. The flu is common in the United States while Ebola is common in Third World Countries. Ebola has large death toll than the flu. This poem can help people see how bad some illnesses are to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment